Friday, February 12, 2010

A New Project

Well, "new". The idea is a gothic castle, complete with graveyard, courtyard, dungeon, and Silent Hill-esque twisted areas where everything is bizarrely distorted. It is likely far too grand to take on, but I have at least taken some initiative and made up a rudimentary reference document and found a fair bit of reference photographs. So, at least I have SOME direction.

Unfortunately, my computer still hates Unreal 3, which means that if I want to build a level, it's gotta be done in Maya-only. Fortunately, I should have some help in this project. It is not solely mine, but a collaboration between a friend and I. Hopefully something will come of it and we'll have some stellar display pieces for our portfolios. In the meantime, I've been building assets. I'm focusing on being a bit more complex this time too, as I've noticed some of my stuff can be pretty plain. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment