Tuesday, February 9, 2010

The Long Wait

Yeah, I haven't updated in forever. Sue me. But before you do, I have something to show for my absence!

BALLHEAD.

He is a creature with a ball for a head. And a face on that ball. Based off a monster doodle I did, and made in a day (technically -- his hands were made earlier and separately). Modelled, rigged, bound, weighted, all that stuff. Took around 6-8 hours. The total poly count is somewhere around 5000-6000. Those tiny hands are quite detailed. Unnecessarily so, actually, since the fingers don't flex. But that neck sure does.

I'm thinking of perhaps making a variation where the ballhead is replaced by a giant cartoon hand, much like those sticky-hand vending machine toys.

Anyway, I've been thinking of starting a different blog. This one's archiving and picture display format is a little too restrictive for what I need. I'll probably be posting a link to a new blog within a few days here. In the meantime, enjoy Ballhead.

He's already enjoying you.

No comments:

Post a Comment