Saturday, September 12, 2009

Character - Ivan

Perhaps it's time I detailed a little more about my fantasy game idea...

It's one I've been reworking for some time. It's a fantasy/sci-fi turn-based RPG (whoa originality!) with Dmitri (the previous character I worked on) leading an excursion to find a legendary creature. This particular creature's properties are such that it's both magical and technological, two opposed forces. There's way more to it than that, of course, but in the beginning Dmitri leads a party of four to hunt for it.

This guy, Ivan... is not one of those four. :P

He's a down-on-his-luck shepherd living in the highlands of the world's largest nation, and like his jutted jaw and sharp features would indicate, he's a gruff, large guy. He's also got a Scottish accent.

Though it is but a distant twinkle in my eye, I do enjoy modeling these characters. Ivan's profile was very different from what I'm used to. His bottom-heavy head shape and ears that stick out make for an interesting silhouette. I imagine modeling his top-heavy, almost apelike body will be a fun challenge, as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment